The Australian Curriculum is implemented and reported on in English, Mathematics, Science, The Arts, Health and PE, Digital Technologies and Design, Humanities and Social Science (HASS) and languages (Spanish). Science, Spanish and Arts are R-6 Specialist subjects.
Reporting procedures include parent/teacher/student discussions at the end of Term 1 and during Term 3 (optional) and written reports twice a year.
ICT is integrated across the curriculum at all year levels with Interactive White Boards (Smartboards) and TV’s installed in all classrooms. Students have access to classroom computers and ipads as well as a computer suite. Tablets are utilised by our Year 5 and 6 students.
Special programs include Instrumental Music, Band, Choir, SAPSASA Sport, Environmental Education (including YET – the Youth Environment Team).
Our NAPLAN results can be seen on the My School website.
Waikerie Primary School has some excellent facilities which staff and students can utilise to best meet the needs of the students. Some of these facilities include:
- Out of School Hours Care (WOOSHC)
- Swimming pool
- Activity / Drama Hall with stage facilities
- Play room
2023 staff members are:
- Principal – Megan Higgins
- Deputy Principal – Leanne Jones
- School Wellbeing Coordinator – Alison Pietsch
- Year 6 – Sarah Schiller / Natasha Wall
- Year 5 – Sharna Linke
- Year 5 – Bryanna Hales
- Year 4 – Nina Rayner / Julia Golding
- Year 3/4 – Connie Valentine
- Year 3 – Samantha Schubert
- Year 2 – Hayley Sincock
- Year 1 – Lorraine Fechner
- Year Reception – Sarah Kipling
- Jeany Winter – Science R-6, YET, PE
- Chris Mibus – Music
- Rachel Lawson – Spanish
Finance Officers – Di Warner / Penny Miller
School Support Officers – Cheryl Seabrook, Rachel Kratopoulos, Michelle Frost, Shane McKinnon, Tina Frost, Maria Trebble, Jenna Van Haasteren, Renee Heaslip and Tamara Belsham
Groundsperson – Clive Matthews